9/17/21

A New And Very Exciting Opportunity

After joining WW (formally Weight Watchers) over 15 years ago, the opportunity I have been waiting for has finally arrived. 

 


I am the newest employee of my WW franchise, Weight Watchers of Salt Lake City, also known as UWIN.

Let’s Rewind…

I lost 130 pounds, I re-gained 80 pounds, and I’ve been able to lose 60. 

When I originally lost 130 pounds, I was not able to become an employee with WW.  At that time, WW followed the Body Mass Index (BMI) range for employee requirements, which meant I needed to be 155-135 pounds.  I reached goal with a note from my doctor thus I only had to get down to 175 pounds to obtain my Lifetime membership with WW.  Without being 155 pounds, I was not able to become an employee because I had to also “look the part.”  Throughout the years as the program has evolved into more of a wellness program vs. just a weight loss program, WW has relaxed a on the strict BMI requirement for employment and now accepts a doctor’s note.  While this was amazing news to hear a few years ago, I was really far from reaching the doctor’s weight.

Eventually I had to make the decision for myself that I might never reach 175 pounds and spoke to my doctor about obtaining a new note with a higher goal weight.  We both agreed that I’d like to be under 200 pounds and that I’d like to have lost/kept off over 100 pounds.  With this seeming like a good fit, I put my new doctor’s note of 190 pounds on record with WW. 

Prior to the COVID-19 shut down, the territory manager, as well as my own WW Coach Cindie, continued to encourage me to lost the excess gain by reminding me that WW had their eye on me and wanted me to join them as an employee. I came really close to reaching that back in June when I was in the 192-pound range.  Now that more studio locations are opening for in-person workshops again, there is a need for employees.

On August 9, I received a very exciting email from our WW franchise owner asking if I would be interested in employment with WW.  I knew this would be a little bit of a scheduling difficulty as the need for WW Guides and Coaches is mostly Saturday mornings between 0900-1100 and I get off work at 2am Saturday morning having to be back to work at 4pm Saturday afternoon.  While not ideal, it was still an opportunity that I didn’t want to pass up.

I sent back the employment interest application and had and zoom meeting with the franchise manager.  I received even more exciting news on September 2;

“Hi Lindsay!

 

Though I’m still working out where we’ll have you- WE WANT YOU!! 

 

Welcome aboard!!”

 

My opportunity to work for WW has finally arrived and I could not be more ecstatic and nervous at the same time.   I start training on Monday at an in-person studio where I will learn the ropes and get skilled in checking in members, signing up new members, and answering the questions that go along with being a WW Guide.  I don’t know what the future holds and where I will be for my actual studio assignment.  I am staying as open and flexible as I can be and taking on the challenges as they come. 



I want to thank all the WW Guides (receptionists) and Coaches (leaders) that have shaped my WW journey by being a tremendous support throughout the years.  There are so many wonderful WW employees, both past and present, which are always there when you need them.  I can’t wait to be one of those people and hope to provide a positive impact on current and future WW members.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You will do great.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You will do great!