6/27/24

Wisconsin Part 1

 Hello!  I’ve been MIA for a couple of reasons.  

1) we were out of town.  

2) I didn’t have time to blog before we left.  

3) I gained last week so didn’t really feel like recapping all that!  

Since I am skipping the scale today, I’ll jump in with a trip recap.  I still owe you some other posts that will hopefully catch you up in the ins and outs of life. 

 

We just returned from a quick weekend trip to Wisconsin.  We packed in tons of fun in our few short days.  On Wednesday, we flew to Milwaukee routing through Denver.

 


Our first top after picking up the rental car was Fazoli’s for some Italian fare.  We don’t have these in Idaho and when we travel, we look forward to their amazing breadsticks.  We stuffed ourselves!

 


After checking into the hotel, our friends Sherry and Mark, whom we met on our European River Cruise, picked us up where we went to Delafield Brewhaus for a beer, as we were still stuffed from lunch.  It was great to catch up.

 


On Thursday, we spend a good portion of the day in the car while we drove to Oshkosh, WI to visit the EAA Air Museum.  On our way, we stopped at Rocky Rococo’s a pizza place that I’ve been to in Spokane, so I introduced Kenyon to their pizza.  It was just as yummy as I recalled.


 

We visited the EAA Air Museum in 2019 and Kenyon wanted to return when it was less crowded.  It was an enjoyable repeat visit.

 



You can expect to see many Elks lodge visits on our future travel adventures.  I promise you…I’ll catch you up on my Elks membership soon.  We visited three lodges this trip, the first being Oshkosh Lodge #262.  There were not many members, but we had the best visit with Bartender Tom, who was 72 years old and has been bartending for 25+ years.  He also holds the Tiler position. 


 

We swung by the outlet mall than made our way back to our hotel.  After a high recommendation for delicious custard, we visited Kopp’s for dinner.  OMG it was amazing!  They have really good burgers too.

 


Our second Elks lodge visit was Waukesha Lodge #400.  This was the biggest of the lodges and had a beautiful outdoor space.  We visited with a few members and met Exalted Ruler Mary Sue, who was a great host.  




I'll be back with part two.



No comments: