7/25/13

Our Honeymoon


Kenyon and I were married in March. We had our reception three months later in June. Then, we had our honeymoon in July. I joked at the time this is how you get through your first year of marriage. Just wait a few months between each event!

In all seriousness, we did have a good time on our honeymoon. We decided to drive to the Oregon Coast for a few days and then continue to Seattle. We have visited the Oregon Coast and Seattle twice now and I enjoy both places.

Here are some photos of our honeymoon, July 2008.

I painted the car JUST MARRIED and drew hearts and such all over it. This worked out to our advantage as we had tire trouble on our way home somewhere in Washington. We limped my car to the nearest town where the residents took pity of us since we were "just married". The guy that helped us shared his own story of their wedding/honeymoon.



The first stop along the way was Multnomah Falls. It was stunning! This was my first time visiting the falls and I would highly recommend it if you are traveling by sometime. It can be crowded but worth the extra hassle.














We stopped in Portland to see my friend Lisa and meet her boyfriend Brian. Lisa and Brian are now married with a little boy who will turn two in October.




No visit to the Oregon Coast is complete without a stop at TillamookCheese Factory. I miss our Cheese Factory I Boise, although ours was not as neat. In addition to watching cheese being made and packaged you can sample all kinds of cheese and also ice cream! YUM!


We stopped at Cape Meares to tour the lighthouse. I love lighthouses and enjoy taking lots of photos of them. There is just something really neat about them.






























We stayed the night in Seaside Oregon. Our hotel had an amazing view of the ocean. I am jealous of all the people out flying kites and wished I had thought of that. We enjoyed walking around the tiny costal town.
















Next stop, Seattle, Washington. This was my first trip to Seattle. We did several of the touristy things.  We visited the Space Needle.


































We did the RideThe Duck tour, which is a super fun land and water sight seeing tour.

















We did the Underground Tour and also walked around the pier.














We took a cruise out on the water on a sail boat. This was my first time on a sail boat.

















Finally, we also stopped at the Museum of Flight.  It was impressive to see Air Force One.



















My favorite thing about Seattle was seeing The Public Market and all the beautiful flowers. Despite some hassle with airport security (the liquid in the baggie with my flowers appeared to look to be OVER 3 ounces...sheesh) I managed to bring a bunch home to enjoy for a bit. If I lived in Seattle I would get fresh flowers from the market each week.








No comments: