2/24/14

A Super Fun Sunday

I had lots of fun stuff planned for yesterday. It also caused me a little bit of stress trying to get it all to fit inside my PPVs budget! I did some pre-planning and pre-tracking and also looked at menus and NI to develop a plan. I knew I would be using several of my 21 WPPAs left for the week and I think that is what was making me so nervous.

I met my coworkers for a late breakfast at Cracker Barrel at 11am.


Since I got up at 7am I knew I would need to have something to eat before my late breakfast. I made my usual oatmeal/oat bran cooked on the stove with an apple, some brown sugar, cinnamon, and stevia. I added peanut butter and honey when I was finished cooking. 7 PPVs. I also had some coffee with half and half. 1 PPV. Total for first breakfast was 8 PPVs.


There was a huge wait for breakfast and it took a while to get our food. Despite being pretty hungry I stuck to my plan. I ordered the Old Timer's breakfast: two eggs, choice of hash brown casserole or fried apples, choice of meat, and grits. It also was served with biscut and gravy. I already looked up the PPVs ahead of time and had a plan to split up my meal to reduce the PPVs.


Here is my meal. One egg and one egg white in which I just cut around the yolk and put it on a separate plate or usually give it to Kenyon (2 PPVs), smoked sausage which actually comes with two patties and I also gave on away (3 PPVs), hash brown casserole which I ate all but a few bites (4 PPVs), and grits (2 PPVs). I skipped the biscut and gravy. I also had coffee with half and half and Splenda (1 PPV). Total for second breakfast was 12 PPVs.

I met my girlfriends for bowling. Rebecca considered ordering a drink and since she wasn't planning to join us at On The Border afterwards I told her I would have a drink with her. She ended up changing her mind so that saved me some extra PPVs I had not planned.



This is my kind of vending machine!


Danielle

Rebecca.  Love her hair!

Phoenix

Rebecca action shot.

Danielle action shot.

Phoenix action shot.

Creepy look.

My action shot.

I was on fire!

First game I scored 141!!!

Second game was cut short due to time.  We only had one hour to bowl.  I got two strikes!  105 that game.


Daneille and I met Kate and Natalie at On The Border. They have a killer happy hour with great drink and food specials. I did my homework ahead of time but knew this would be a 24 PPV meal. It was really weighing heavy on my mind for most of the morning. I knew I really wanted chips and I knew I wanted a margarita. I also knew I could shave off a ton of PPVs if I didn't have those two things. But that would be “dieting” and not “living.” And I am all for living!

Before I left for bowling I was looking in the pantry for some water drink mix-ins when I stumbled across my old Zilch margarita mixers. I used these all the time when we would go to the bar during my weight loss journey. I had totally forgotten about these. I think I last used them on Cinco de Mayo last year. I suddenly was able to shave off some PPVs but not having a prepared margarita and instead using my mixers. How it works I you order a shot of tequila and an extra glass of water. I also like to ask for fresh limes. You pour your shot into your water glass and add your mixer and limes. Viola! Instant margarita for only the PPVs of the tequila (4 PPVs). It was just as good as a pre-mixed sugary one. It did cost me more though. The pre-made margaritas were on happy hour for $3.00 and this one cost me $4.75 for just a shot of tequila. But it was worth the extra money.





I had a plan in place to order the happy hour black bean dip and queso and make my own nachos. I really wanted chips! I love tortilla chips. It took a while to order and for the dips to come to the table. I didn't start in on the chips early though. I was only eating chips and dip so I wanted to save my PPVs for the actual dips! It worked out great!




I had four of these plates eating 16 total chips (8 PPVs), all the black bean dip (4 PPVs), and only part of the queso dip (3 PPVs). It was exactly what I wanted! I did check in with myself before I had the last of my four plates but my tastebuds still wanted some and I had planned on eating 8 PPVs in chips. Since I didn't have the pre-made margarita I ate my total for this meal was 19 PPVs.



After we paid the check and visited for a little while longer I started to get that “I want dessert” feeling. This is where in the past I can really get out of control. I had already had a high PPV day and had already used some WPPAs. I drove around the block a few times debating on getting frozen yogurt. I still have today and Tuesday left for my week and since I'm not sure what will develop for later today I decided I had better not get yogurt. I went to Dutch Bros and got a decaf Americano with my favorite sugar free caramel sauce in it. (3 PPVs). A very yummy “dessert.” I might have frozen yogurt today.




It was a really successful day where I felt in control and pre-planned. I enjoyed the company of my friends and didn't just focus on the food. I also had what my tastebuds really wanted and I really enjoyed it. I went for a walk first thing in the morning and earned 5 APs. I'm still not eating my APs though so I had to dip into my WPPA bank. I used 12 of my 21 WPPAs left.



  

No comments: