3/13/15

Can You Take A Detour?


I made a trip to Murphy yesterday for a reunion planning meeting.  The drive to Murphy takes me through Kuna and past the Arctic Circle.  I absolutely love a Reeses peanut butter cup shake and they make it best at Arctic Circle.  My sugar cravings are pretty strong this week so I was feeling a bit nervous about the drive that would take me right by my favorite ice cream stop.
I was going back and forth in my head if I would stop or not and if I wanted to spend the points for part of (or all of) a shake.  I am having our monthly Ladies Nite get together at Cheesecake Factory on Monday so part of me is just trying to white knuckle it until Monday so I can enjoy some yummy cheesecake.  FYI, try the Chris’ Outrageous Cheesecake.  The name says it all.  It is truly outrageous.  But bring a friend to share because it is very rich.  Okay…moving on.
I had mentioned to Dawny that I might be sending her a text message as I get ready to drive home from Murphy so she can talk me out of stopping for ice cream.  She asked me, “Can you find a different route?”
Hmmmm….I had not considered this option and at first thought it would not work as it would mean a longer drive home.  But as I thought about it more I realized I could pass by the temptation all together and not even have to drive by Arctic Circle if I turned left instead of turning right.
So last night on my drive home I turned left and took a detour around Arctic Circle.  It really reinforces positive behaviors when you have a success.  I didn’t need all the sugar and changes are I might not have stopped eating at just half the shake.  This is going to make my cheesecake on Monday taste that much better!
Is it Monday yet?

No comments: