6/14/17

Sharing Blog Posts From My Weight Loss Journey: Four Years With Weight Watchers


I’m sharing old blog post from my weight loss journey when I blogged on another site:

January 14, 2011

Four Years With Weight Watchers



I have not written in a while. We were restricted at work from the internet for a little bit and I sort of got away from goofing off like I used to. I even bought an iPad so that I could enjoy being on the internet at home without having to start up the computer. 

January marks the four year anniversary of joining Weight Watchers. I know everybody says the same thing, “If you had told me I would be 130 pounds lighter, I wouldn’t have believed you.” I really can’t believe how far I’ve come. In the last four year I have gained my life back, lost weight, walked several 5Ks, a 10K and a half marathon. I also have three Lifetime keys (20 months Lifetime in November) and have only had to pay twice in the last two years. 

I have to remember my accomplishments. Some days I need a reminder of why I am on this journey. The day in/day out and struggle with wanting to drop some weight gets tiring. 

I am up 10 pounds from last year. I don’t really know why exactly except I am sure it has to do with diet and exercise. I just sort of got tired of living by the scale. Is this the weight my body wants to be? Perhaps. I still want to lose some. My pants feel tight and I would like to get rid of my muffin top. It all takes time. It is a slow process. 

What I have come to realize is that once the eating habits change for the better, weight loss can seem harder. I am eating about 80% healthy and 20% unhealthy. So, I either have to cut back that 20% and feel deprived or I need to work out extra hard in the gym. Neither sound like much fun to me. 

Truth is, I don’t like being right at my goal. When I was 10 pounds under goal it was carefree. I didn’t have to worry about going out to eat the night before WI because I knew I was still under goal. Often, I am stressed and worried I will have to pay.  So, something has to change. 

Why it is hard for me is because my eating habits have not gotten worse. I still weigh and measure all my food and I almost always eat what I planned even when coworkers are eating out. I have safeguards in place. I don’t worry about going to McDonalds and getting a Big Mac. I don’t worry about eating a whole pizza instead of just a few slices. I have control over my food. So where is the missing link on losing weight again?

I am still working on that. Still trying find the right combination to kick start my weight loss again.  In the meantime, I keep doing what I am doing because even though I have gained 10 pounds, I am still at goal with WW and still a Lifetime member. That….is….awesome!

No comments: