12/21/17

Catching Up: Weekly WI, Using My WW Tool Kit, And The Week Ahead

My WI on Tuesday went OK. I was up 1.2 pounds over the last two weeks. I’m definitely happy about that small(er) gain but I’m on the higher end of what I’d like to be right now. I’m going to make my focus to lose 5 pounds each month. I feel like it’s doable. The important part of that goal is going to be building each month on top of each other instead of this back-and-forth like I’ve been doing lately.

I am still tracking using the app and I really do like it. I miss being able to write down some of my general thoughts, meal plans, exercise plan, and overall just feeling organized by being able to write it all down. So I’m going to get myself a little notebook so I can still do that part of things. But I do like using the app and I think I’m even getting faster.  I know I won’t have to track my 0 SPV foods, and down the road, I might stop doing that.  But right now I am still either weighing/measuring or giving it my best guess on the amount since it is 0 SPV no matter how much I eat.

I’m also trying to fit the social events I have this week into the program. Yesterday I had 14 daily points left before meeting friends at Homestead Bar & Grill for the ugly sweater party.  We had so much fun!



 



I tapped into my WW Tools Kit and looked up the menu ahead of time.  I thought I’d have the chili but fries sounded so good.  I looked up points for the Souvlakia Chicken Pita and decided to eat half the pita with all the filling.  I ate a few fries and then handed my plate away so I wouldn’t keep eating.  I did go over my points budget for the day and could have used less points had I stuck to beer instead of having one and a half Moscow Mules (it was a Smirnoff event).  My biggest hurdle was not stopping for ice cream on the way home.  I was on the fence and since I’d used so many points I was thinking, “why not.”  But, I drove straight home!  I feel really good today having skipped that extra treat and all those extra points.


Our work party potluck is tomorrow and then my family is coming over to celebrate Christmas with my nieces.  I’ve still got Christmas Day festivities too.  I’m going to do my best to balance it all but still enjoy myself.  I know I will hunker down after the first of the year and get serious.


 

No comments: