12/22/17

New Recipe: Chicken Enchilada Soup

We tried a really good new recipe last night.  I’ve actually had the ingredients on hand for a few weeks and wanted some quick and easy in case I got home late from my OT shift (which I did so that was even better).
 



I used this recipe from Mix and Match Momma’s blog.  I love Shay’s amazing recipes and I’ve tried several.  Her breakfast casseroles were a bit hit a few months ago.
The only thing I did differently was omit the canned corn.  I am a huge corn snob and I don’t like canned corn.  With the exception of the toppings, I only had to count the points for the enchilada sauce (I used two smaller sized cans so the whole pot was 9 SPV).  I used one can of red and one can of green enchilada sauce and thought the combo worked nicely.  I also used fire roasted tomatoes.
I think the highlight was topping my bowl with Tillamook sharp cheddar cheese.  It tasted so good when I got those bits of cheese bites.  I also topped mine with light sour cream.
Kenyon and I ate it up all but one serving I have for later this week at work.  I can’t wait to dig in again!

No comments: