8/19/18

Tracking Sleep With Sleep Time (Free) App


I’ve been using a new-to-me app that Kenyon found called. Sleep Time (Free). 

 


Kenyon’s work awards points for certain health goals and one of those is getting seven hours of sleep a night.  So, he found an app to sync with the work program and has been using it for a few weeks.  I decided to download it too and see if it would tell me anything about my sleep.

I’ve never gotten a FitBit or other devise that tracks my sleep, even though it has interested me.  I keep thinking, “you can tell me I’m a poor sleeper but are you going to tell me what to do to fix it?”  I still feel the same way with Sleep Time but so far it is fun to just see what is going on each nights.

The “rules” are that you set the alarm to whatever time you want to wake up and put the phone on the bed with you. 

 


Since we have a queen size bed, Kenyon suggests putting it on the headboard above us.  So far, it seems to work but I can’t really say I know how it is tracking.

You can set the alarm to wake you up and it is supposed to wake you when you are in the lighter sleep phase.  So far, my alarm seems to wake me up right when I set it.  I still don’t know that I understand how this app works.

The first night I tried the app was the night I went to a movie/dinner with Rebecca and got home a bit late for a work night.  It has been my poorest night sleep so far.  I find the app seems to reward me for better sleep the longer I sleep.  And, the longer I sleep seems to be the more times I am in a deeper sleep.  What is still puzzling is the times I thinks you are awake but I really don’t remember being awake.  That is where we aren’t sure this app works 100%.

 
 


But, it gets the job done.  And so far, it is interesting so I’ll keep going with it.

**I have no idea why it logged my Thursday night sleep on Friday.  Very weird**

No comments: