10/25/19

The Last 10 Years As A Weight Watchers Lifetime Member


Today is my 40th Birthday!!!




10 years ago, I reached an all-time lowest weight in my WW maintenance journey.  It was the last WI before my 30th Birthday and I had almost reached 165 pounds, which put me 10 pounds below my goal weight.  I was living the good life!



That feels like a lifetime ago and the longer I live at this higher weight, the less I remember what it was like to be at such a smaller weight.


If you’ve been around this blog for any length of time, you know by now that I ended up re-gaining 80 pounds and for the last three years, I’ve been working hard to re-lose that re-gain (talk about a tongue twister). It feels good to have lost 40 of those 80 pounds. 





The last 10 years has not been a complete struggle.  From 2009-2013, I was still hanging on as best I could.  October of 2012, I was back to 173.8 pounds.  Mentally it was a tough struggle but I kept reminding myself that I was still within the 2 pound weight range goal and still hanging in there even though I was no longer 10 pounds below goal.



October of 2013 I was back to 183.2 pounds.  I had “officially” no longer been able to hang on to my goal weight.  My back pain came on in August and the doctor’s told me I needed to stop doing high-intensity aerobics.  I was so depressed with this major change in my activity and weight that I felt like such a failure so much of the time.  Depression and overeating go hand-in-hand.  This makes you even more depressed and eat even more.  It is such a vicious cycle.



October 2014 I was back to 195.8 pounds.  October 2015 I was skipping the scale.  I don’t have a weight logged until December 2015 and I was back to 220 pounds.  October 2016 I was finally coming back down the scale from my highest re-gain and was 245.8 pounds.






From there, this 10 year story gets happy again.  I won’t say that I was unhappy while I was re-gaining.  Mostly it was just a huge mental strain.  Maybe more mental than physical which is how it is so easily to gain back weight.  Eventually you just give up.  Things feel so far gone and so out of control that you just can’t seem to figure out where to even start again.





Regardless of what the number on the scale has read these last 10 years, and over the last…well…25-ish years, I’ve had some really great experiences that are partly because I took control of my life when I walked into a WW Center almost 13 years ago.  And for that, I am forever grateful for WW, the community, and the tools it has given me along with the support of my family and friends.


I look forward to another 10+ years of adventures.

No comments: