10/30/19

Prost To 40 Party & Dawny's Visit


It feels good to be 40!


I had a great weekend and great birthday celebration.  Dawny landed from Spokane on Thursday evening.  I picked her up, then Kenyon, and we headed to dinner at Tucanos.  Oh…yummm… Dawny’s birthday is October 11th so we had a belated celebration for her.


As I had shared yesterday, turning my sleep around from my previous graveyard shift was rough.  I was up for several hours during the night and running on very few hours of sleep, none of which was real quality.  Since Dawny is an early bird, I powered through so we could make the most of her vacation.  Friday we had breakfast at LePeep followed by a trip to Zurchers to pick up some balloons for the party.  I was pretty much squared away for my evening gathering so we spent the day at Indian Creek Plaza in Caldwell. 

I’ve not been down to the plaza in a while.  We walked around popping into Flying M Coffee and Good Spoon for some frozen yogurt.  We finished off with some pizza buffet at Flying Pie Pizza in Nampa.





I grabbed a quick nap and then it was time for party mode.  The Prost To 40 Oktoberfest Party was a blast.  What amped it up to the next level was jello shots that Stacey brought and peach schnapps that Patty brought.  My Mom and my Aunt Gerri did shots with us.  It was awesome.  I didn’t take many photos during the party though, darn it.







Sunday we had breakfast at Jo Mamma’s, which had the biggest pancakes ever.  We really loved our omelets and home fries too.



We headed to The Village to meet up with Phoenix and the kids for a truck or treat event.  Sadly, the weather on Saturday was windy and cold.  We wrapped that up and popped into some of the shops at the Village. 





Dawny left her “Spokane painted rock” for somebody to find.  We checked back later and it had been claimed.  So neat.


I had purchased us tickets to see Hocus Pocus as part of the Boise Classic Movies event at The Egyptian.  It is always a fun event since they have costume contests before the show.  The cutest little boy dressed as Edwards Scizzorhands won one of the prizes.  Too cute.  We met back up with Kenyon for dinner at Golden Corral and then proceeded to roll into bed and pass out.  I was exhausted.

With Dawny’s last day of vacation being Sunday, it was low key as it was another cold and windy day.  We went to breakfast at Sunrise Café and then hung out on the couch and visited.  We decided on lunch at Red Robin and dessert at The Cheesecake Factory. 

It was an excellent time and I am so glad Dawny was able to come visit.


No comments: