3/6/20

Always Take Time To Be Proud Of Your Successes


Whew.  This has been a busy day so far and I’m not even a quarter of the way through my swing shift yet.  Happy Friday (or to me, Happy Tuesday of what is going to be an extra-long week).


I found this on Instagram and could definitely relate.


Back when I was in college, it was called “pre-funk” not “pre-game” but the two mean the same.  To pre-game means you are having some drinks at home before you go out to the actual party/event.  Boy, those were the day.  Now, before I even think ahead to what might be on my agenda, if alcohol is involved, I am pre-planning and pre-tracking like a mad woman.


I actually reached my doctor’s goal weight of 175 this month 11 years ago.  In some ways it feels like a lifetime ago and yet, I remember that feeling like it was yesterday.  I also have all the good feels of a FB Memory that popped up a few days ago.


I had my first Oscar Party in 2014 and I busted out my high school homecoming dress for the fancy occasion.  It was an amazing feeling that the dress fit and that I didn’t even need an undergarment for it like the day I originally wore it.  When I look back at my weight record from March 2014, I was over my goal weight and I’m about 20 pounds heavier now than March 2014.


Regardless of the extra weight I now carry, I feel amazing.  You see, in the comparison photos where my Aunt Barb is wearing my homecoming dress, I am on the right, the one in blue.  I am pretty sure if I remember correctly, the top I am wearing in the photo is a 3XL.  I have all the good feels of where I am at now vs. where I was back then.


A FB Memory also popped up of the time I was featured on Runs With Cookies blog as part of her 100 pounds lost series.
 



Even though I might not be at my goal weight, I am always proud of myself and my successes. 

No comments: