11/28/21

Stress Balloon Ready To Pop

I am sweating this week as I prepare to stop on the scale Tuesday (and I may peak at it on Monday).  I feel into the trap of “this is so hard and exhausting” thus going way over my points on both Tuesday and Thursday.  But it was more than that.  I just felt exhausted this week.  It is like I need a break from counting point, preparing my meals, eating veggies, and doing all the right things only to feel like the scale isn’t showing my hard work.

That isn’t fully true.  Of course the scale is showing my hard work and although I maintained last week, I am down 10 pounds from last year and I am (was…we will see on Tuesday) for the month.  I am working hard on gaining perspective incase the scale is really bad this week.  I hope I am making this all out to be worse that it really is.

I have been working hard on my November Apple Watch Activity Challenge and doing so, I have been exercising a lot.  Since it doesn’t really feel like that is the positive stress outlet I am searching for, I’ve been turning to alcohol and more social situations. 

 


While not the best coping strategy, sometimes it just feels like life is too short to micro-manage my food/drink intake.  However, I wouldn’t be where I am if I didn’t micro-manage just a bit.

I’ll be spending a few days in Vegas this week before the mad rush of evaluation season at work begins.  I really, really, really am so excited for some time off and stress release and most importantly time with my husband.  Oh, and I’m super stoked about all the yummy food and alcohol.  I mean, let’s be real here.  It’s VEGAS!

Until Tuesday, I’ve got to keep myself from going into Vacation Mode.  I have my third WW Workshop on Monday and I’m starting to feel my new groove.  It is also less busy now that I am not working as a Guide on Friday and a Coach on Monday.  I really hope to settle into this new routine.

No comments: