11/1/23

Weekly WI: It's Not Pretty But Stepping On The Scale Is Necessary

Hello November!

 


I love October.  It is my very favorite month.  This month I had so much fun that I had a substantial gain for the last two weeks and I am up 9.8 pounds for the month.  Oof!

 





That one hurts.  I dressed up as Flo from Progressive for my Tuesday AM WW Workshop.  Coach Flo in the house!

 



It was fun and I let my Monday PM WW members pick which costume to wear.  I was debating between Flo, which I wore last year but it would be with a different group this year, or my favorite Oktoberfest get up.  My WW members really liked Flo.  I could feel every bit of my almost 10 pounds gained in October and my white jeans were tight.  I was so uncomfortable and could not wait to get home and change.  This is why being aware of the climb back up the scale is so important.

 

Naturally, I am disappointed in myself for the poor choices I’ve made in the last two weeks.  I have been so far off track I am not sure I can even see the track.  It has been rough.  The positive is this time I am aware.  I know what it feels like to re-gain 80 pounds and I have no desire to go there again.  Being aware helps as I plan to get back on track ASAP!  It will not be easy but little by little I will start to feel better and that will increase my motivation to continue.  I want to bring the scale back down and I need to re-focus. 

 

I indulged in some Halloween candy, which I consider my last hurrah as I must detox now.  I have a lot more social events on the calendar than originally through as I get more involved with the Elks.  I will use the tools in my tool kit to help me navigate it all.  I spent yesterday planning and cooking some healthy meals to ensure I am armed with stuff to reach for.  I have also planned out some meals in preparation for getting back on track and staying there.  I love a fresh new shiny month and I intend to make November a productive one.

 

Oh, our Halloween candy along with the bowl was taken off our porch last night.  We have lived in our house for seven years and never had an issue.  I knew prior to going to bed at 9pm that we may have lost our candy as several neighbors posted on a neighborhood social media account that their candy bowls were emptied in the matter of moments.  Well, we too experienced that but what irks me is it wasn’t a kid!  I am including photos as I feel like porch pirates need to be exposed.  I won’t be leaving candy out in the future.

 



Thank you, Porch Pirate, for saving me from eating left over Halloween candy.  That is about all I can thank her for.

No comments: