5/31/14

First Hike Of The Season

Mark and I met up at Table Rock for our first hike of the season.

I almost died.

Okay, it wasn't quite that dramatic.


Spoiler Alert: I made it to the top of the mountain BUT I am really out of shape!

It was super windy at the top.  I almost lost my hat.

Here are outtakes of our attempt at trying to get us and the top of Table Rock in the photo at the start of our hike. I'm not very good with selfies AND background!




It was tough and we stopped more times than we usually do. The hike also took longer than usual. Who cares! We made it. I sure did not have the lung capacity for hiking though. My lungs have not been used to their full potential since my back went all out-of-whack last year. The flowers along our hike were very pretty and it was much more green this year as well.





After burning several calories we re-fueled with Costa Vida and Aspen Leaf. I knew froyo was a possibilty as we both love Aspen Leaf and it is also located in Downtown Bosie along with Costa Vida. I managed my DPA and made a deal with myself to only eat half of the beloved homemade tortilla so I could have some belly room for froyo. I also went lighter on my yogurt pour. When we last had Costa Vida and Aspen Leaf I was super full afterward.




Since I was already downtown I had to stop at Flying M for an Americano and Trader Joe's. I got some groceries and also some flowers.



It was a good day for APs and a good day for FitBit steps.  



I'm glad to have friends that enjoy being active AND eating yummy food and treats. I'm very lucky indeed.


No comments: