1/7/15

Dry Creek Mercantile - Hidden Springs


I had a wonderful lunch date with Jamie and her girls on Monday.

Jamie’s daughter Veronica had put a book on hold at the library in Hidden Springs.  I have only been to Hidden Springs twice and knew of it when I walked a half marathon a few years ago as the race course took us through this cute community. 

Hidden Springs sits outsde of Boise a few miles and once you arrive there it feels like you are in a totally different place.  The cute houses have such character.  We had lunch at The Dry Creek Mercantile.  Jamie and her girls had been before and she raved about the homemade chicken tortilla soup.  It was delicious.

What was equally delicious was the homemade tortilla strips that came with it.  I also loved their coffee.  The Dry Creek Mercantile has so many yummy menu items I can’t wait to go back and try the pizza.  Or more soup!

It was the perfect day for soup as it was cold, dreary, and we had some freezing rain.  I wish we had more time to explore this tiny community.  I hear they have all sorts of events in the summertime.  I will be back for sure.

No comments: