2/2/18

Younique Make-Up Trial

Last week I attended an event set up by my Jamberry consultant and her favorite Younique consultant.  I’ve never worn Younique make up and I’m not a big wearer of make up on a daily basis as it is.  When I started work at Nampa PD, we had workout time built into our schedule.  I would get so heated/sweaty from my work out that I couldn’t put my foundation on.  So, swallowed my pride and gave up wearing foundation.  It isn’t easy to worry about the dark circles, redness, and freckles.  But, it was just easier to not mess with it.  My daily make up routine is eye shadow, mascara, and brow darkening.  If I’m feeling really fancy I’ll put on eye liner and even some Lipsense lip stick.

So, as you can see, I don’t spend much money on make-up.  Visiting Sephoria for some glitter eye shadow and eyeliner was already feeling quite spendy.  I went to the party last week not planning to spend any money but some of the Younique products did interest me.  My Jamberry consultant had rave reviews on the Moodstruck Splurge cream glitter eye shadow and the Moodstruck Epic Mascara.  Younique was running a special that if you bought the mascara, you got free shipping.  I ordered three cream eye shadows in the colors I typically wear (purple, black, and brown) and the mascara.  I was so excited when my box arrived in the mail less than one week later!





The actual name of the eye shadow colors are Tenacious (brown), Noble (purple/gray), and Skeptical (black).  The nice part about these cream shadow is that I don’t have glitter all over my face after applying and they last longer than my Sephoria glitter eye shadow does.  I can’t say I’m 100% in love with the mascara like everybody else reports back but that is probably because I’ve got tiny lashes.  I wasn’t happy with my Cover Girl mascara and I do like the Moonstruck Epic mascara better than that.  So, I’m happy there.



Here is Lindsay with no make-up on.






The first day I tried Tenacious but felt the color was not as dark of a brown as I prefer or the perfect color brown I’ve been waring from Sephoria.  It felt was a bit too cooper looking, which there appears to be an actual copper color so that surprised me.  The Younique consultant said she likes blending her colors so I blended it with Skeptical.  It turned out to be a very nice color.  Another suggestion is to wear the cream shadow on the base of my lid and then use my Sephoria shadow (technically another shadow from Younique) over that.  It feels like a waste of money if I’m not wearing the cream shadow as it is intended.  But, still an option.  Here I am with a mix of Tenacious and Skeptical and the Epic mascara.  I finished my look with my Maybelline brow drama.









The second day I tried Noble.  There were two purple colors to choose from and Danielle talked me out of the bolder purple for the more subtle Noble.  I am glad she did and I really liked this color.  It was subtle yet still noticeable and if you layer on a bit more of the color it gets darker.  I think this will look great with my purple eye liner Sephoria glitter eyeliner.  I am wearing the Epic mascara and my brow drama again.


The third day I tried Skeptical.  It was dark.  I got a bit fearful that it was a bit too dark so I decided to layer some Tenacious on top of it.  I think this color is comparable to the Sephoria black color I was wearing and will need to remember that the less I put on, the lighter gray it is.  But, I do like this color.  And, I have some white eye liner from Sephoria that I like to wear with dark eye shadow to give it a pop of contrast.  In this photo, it doesn’t look too dark.  And, in the photo with Noble above, it looks lighter than it did when I applied it in the bathroom mirror.  So really, it might not have been too dark after all.



I am really happy with my purchase.  I ordered the deal where I got three shadows for $70 and the mascara was $24.  I saved on shipping so with tax it was $99.  This is still a bit too much money to spend on make-up, in my opinion.  But, I feel like it is comparable in price to Sephoria.  I’m hoping it will last a while and I really like the cream vs. my pressed powered shadow.  Recently, my favorite black color from Sephoria broke apart in my make-up bag.  Another reason cream shadow is kind of nice.  They come in some really hefty glass containers too.




No comments: