1/24/18

Back To The Gym I Go...


Over the last 24 hours, I’ve talked myself both in and out of going to the gym many times. This afternoon when I woke up, I made myself some breakfast, and watched This Is Us. (By the way the show is crazy sad. I swear I cry almost every episode.) At that point I dug myself out of going to the gym. Sitting on the couch watching TV sounded much better than breaking a sweat.

After my show ended, I went upstairs and put my workout clothes on. I had now talked myself into going and there’s no turning back! Traffic was a nightmare getting across town but even though I was late I really do like this gym. You can just jump in anytime even if it’s in the middle of class and nobody yells at you. I tried a cardio weight class and I really enjoyed the 30 minutes. I was tempted to stay for the class afterwards, but I decided not to push my luck. I made it to the gym and I completed the class. The goal is to go again tomorrow. Next Wednesday I want to try the class called Looped In, which is also a new class for me. I think it’s something like a TRX class but I’ll know more next week.

I also bought myself some new workout pants at Lane Bryant. They technically weren’t on the $20 sale but because their sign was confusing be very nice clerk said she would honor the sale price. There is nothing like a nice pair of stretchy workout pants to make you feel good about yourself. Ha!

Before work I swung by an event with my Jamberry consultant for both Jamberry and Yonique.  I bought some of the cream eye shadows with sparkle and some fancy mascara from Younique.  I’m determined to stick to my budget this month so I’m going to cut back somewhere over the next four weeks to even out my purchase.  I do have some overtime $$ coming too.  But, I’d rather try and budget for it.  Sadly, Jamberry has a great sale coming on one of the wraps I adore but you can’t get anymore.  Debating if I should spend a little money on that.  I’m seeing if I can get a friend to go in on it with me so I don’t have to spend all the money myself.

Anyway, the event was at Yogurtz, this place that serves yogurt and burgers.  I debated getting a chicken sandwich as I was hungry but I also had all my food packed up for work.  I looked up the points for yogurt ahead of time but the no-sugar-added flavors didn’t appeal to me.  I decided to just save my points.  I think I’ve packed enough food to get me through the night but if not, I can use some of my daily points for something when I get home from work.

No comments: