1/26/18

11 Year Weight Watcher Anniversary








It was around this time 11 years ago that I walked into my local Weight Watchers center and changed my life.  Like any journey, the road has not been paved with smooth travels.  There have been bumps and curves, happiness and devastation, and moments that tested my every being.  I started this journey weighing 304.8 pounds and 11 years later, I am happy to say that I am down almost 80 pounds.  That feels wonderful to stay.

Typical weight loss statistics measure successful weight loss as losing at least 10% of your starting weight and keeping the weight off for one year.  The statics for those with a large amount of weight to lose (100 pounds or more) have an even tougher time keeping the weight off.  I’m proud to report that I’ve kept off at least 10% of my starting weight for over nine years now. 

 
Lindsay today

I’ve blogged many times of all the things I’ve gained along my weight loss journey and I am a very different person now than I was 11 years ago.  I have so many wonderful things going in my life and I cannot be happier.  At the top of my list is my amazing husband and all the support he has provided me.  It is crazy to think we have been married almost 10 years.

I met my doctor’s goal if 175 pounds in March of 2008.  I continued to lose an additional 10 pounds which put me at my all-time low of 165 pounds by October of 2009, when I celebrated my 30th birthday.

 
30 year old Lindsay

While I am not currently at my goal weight, and I haven’t been since August of 2013, I hung in there pretty well for a few years.  Once it started to slip away, it was hard to get back there.  I’ve got about 1000+ excuses too.  But, I never gave up and I am glad I never re-gained all my weight back (and then some).  I reached my all-time high re-gain weight of 253 in July of 2016 and I’ve been working at getting that number back down.  I’ve managed to shave off 28 of those re-gain pounds and I’m not giving up yet!



Here is my “all time” weight loss graph from the WW app.  My first entry was 09/25/2012 at a weight entered of 177.0 pounds, which is two pounds above my goal weight.  The last entry was this week’s WI of 225.8 pounds. 




The WW app reminds me that I’m 50.8 pounds over my goal weight.  I don’t even know if that will be my goal weight forever.  But, for right now, I’ve got my sights set on re-claiming my 100 pounds lost (203.8 pounds) and getting below 200 pounds again.  Those milestones meant just as much to me as my goal weight did.

With enough hard work and focus, in a few years from now, that “all time” weight loss graph will merely be a tiny hump in the road where I pushed through and succeeded.  Weight Watchers, its program, leaders, and members have been by my side the entire time.  I am so lucky to have so much support and love. 

Cheers to the last 11 years and to another 11 years to come.



No comments: