1/10/20

Arizona Vacation - The First Few Days

The first few days in Arizona were the warmest days.  The sun has been shining the entire trip, which has been glorious.  While I thought we would dodge the snow in Idaho…it turns out it is waiting for our return.  So, I had better soak up the last of the sunshine and warm(er) temps while I can.

One day we visited the Frank Lloyd Wright Taliesin West House.  



I’ve never been to a Frank Lloyd Wright House before and this makes me want to seek out and visit all of them.  We have already thought about a trip to Pennsylvania to see the iconic Falling Waters House.  This is was a guided tour of the house where you were able to learn more about Mr. Wright, Mrs. Wright (his third wife) and the time he spent with his students/appetences half the year in Arizona.





Taliesin West is still used as an architectural school and is now an accredited school.  Our guide said there were three students currently living on the campus.


We toured Mr. Wright’s office, his living quarters, Mrs. Wright’s living quarters, the main living room, and the theater.  Since the building is a working campus, we were able to peak into a few other areas but not able to enter.  It was fascinating. 

The next day we made the drive to Tuscan to visit the Pima Air & Space Museum.  



This place was huge with many hangers you could walk through as well as a huge outside area with planes as far as the eye could see.  It wasn’t crowded as it was close to the end of the day.  The sunshine made for an enjoyable day outside looking at the many displays.









I’ve been to many airplane museums since marrying Kenyon and this one was really neat.  We enjoyed the afternoon.



I spotted a couple outlet malls along our drive south to Tuscan so I talked Kenyon into stopping into the Tuscan Premium Outlet Mall on our way north.  I am so glad I did because I found this amazing small crossbody red purse that has sparkly signature C’s on them.  Oh boy what a great find!  I can’t wait to bust this out on our Girls Weekend in Vegas in March.




Have a great Friday.

No comments: