8/28/21

Saturday Check-In

Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday!


I went for a walk today to earn a special award for National Park Day.  I needed to log a 1.6 km walk to earn my award.  It was a beautiful day with cool temps and sunshine and perfect conditions for getting in some activity.




It was a surprise to also earn my August Apple Watch Activity Challenge Award.




This took work and was by far the hardest goal I have had thus far.  It was rough.  The silver lining is that I completed it!  I logged 1,490 exercise minutes this month and some days I did extra activity to try and ensure I stayed ahead of the goal and gave myself the best chance to complete it.  I am thrilled to have completed it a few days early.


This August goal lit a fire under me and I’m committed to four more days of 30 minutes of activity so I will have completed a perfect month of closing all three Apple Watch Goals: Movement, Exercise, and Stand.  I didn’t set out to earn a perfect month but I am so glad I stayed the course and will soon close out August feeling very successful.


I had my annual appointment with the thyroid doctor.  I really love him and enjoy seeing him each year.  I keep telling him I’ll be under 200 pounds when I see him the following year and yet…it continues to elude me.  DOH!  Once again, I was not under 200 on the doctor scale.  I was really bummed out and am working to process those feeling.  It also makes me really nervous for my weigh-in on Tuesday.  I was thinking my gain from last week would drop off but now, I am just not sure.  It is frustrating and I am clinging to the positives as I wait for Tuesday.


Regardless of what the scale number says on Tuesday, that is the end of August and means I have completed 31 days of mindful activity and 11 days of earning blue dots.  I already feel successful and I still have four days to go!

No comments: