12/20/22

German Beer Advent Calendar: Days 1 - 6

One of my online WW pals opens really fun advent calendars from Aldi every holiday season.  I finally joined the advent group last year with a wine calendar.  I don’t really love wine so I still have several tiny bottles kicking around one year later.  I spotted a German beer advent calendar at Costco for $90 and debated each visit on if I should spend the money.  I caved in and snagged one before they were gone.




I am going to highlight the first six days of beer.  I am loving it!  I am so glad I got this calendar and other than when beer (day nine) it has been delicious.  I open the calendar in the morning for a reveal on Instagram and Facebook stories and then drink one most nights.  Considering I had a two pound loss, I am thinking the “beer diet” might finally be how I can lose weight!


Without further ado, here is Day 1 - 6 of the German Advent Calendar.  I will also include the tasting notes from the Beer Tasting App.


Day 1: I love a good light German lager.  This was a nice way to start off the countdown.





Day 2: This weissbier (white beer) was really, really good.  I think weissbiers might be a new favorite.  Plus, the can looked cool.





Day 3: Similar to a lager, you can’t go wrong with a pils.  This was nothing special but still tasty.







Day 4: Kellerbier is also a new favorite.  It is light and tasty.  There are several of this variety in the pack so far.









Day 5: You cannot go wrong with a stout and I hope to uncover more in the mix as the month continues.  Currently, I have opened through Day 14 and this is t he only stout so far.






Day 6: I don’t love the taste of a marzen, an amber type German beer and after getting sick following too much marzen at Oktoberfest a few years ago, it brings back memories when I drink a marzen.  But, this pack has a few and I do enjoy drinking them.






More beer to come…stay tuned!



No comments: