12/28/23

Weekly WI: 2023 Comes To And End

Good Morning and Happy Thursday!  My weigh-in on Monday concluded 2023.  This was also the first time in a few years I have ended my year at a weight higher than I started.

I’ve had a few days to sit with my thoughts on this and work in building an 

action plan.  As you can see from the 2023 monthly weigh-ins, the entire month was not a struggle.  Since October, it has felt hard to get a handle on the gain and it continues to feel that way.  I made good progress a few weeks ago and this week, I was up 0.4 pounds.  I felt good about how I balanced last week and so the gain is okay.  This week is another week to continue my focus on 100% honest tracking and balance.  That is key for me.  Along with that, I’ve been back at the gym and plan to keep a semi-normal activity schedule this week as well.  




Here is 2020 - 2022.







It is frustrating to be in this place again where I must tackle weight gain.  Catching it at 10 pounds is key.  It is time to turn it back around and I’ve learned over the last couple of years that I feel better when I am under 200 pounds and I really like how I feel when I am closer to 190.  


I’d like to commit here and now that I will get back to my goal of 190 in 2024 but sitting here on the cusp of a new year with 10 pounds to tackle feels like a lofty goal.  If the past has taught me anything it is that losing the weight each week is one hurdle and keeping it off is another!  




My plans for 2024 is to move my body more and feed it foods that make it feel good.

No comments: