1/1/24

And Just Like That: 2023 Is Gone - Weekly WI

Hello to the New Year!

 


2024 has started off on the right foot after joining the Colonel’s PT Challenge at work.  This year they are also allowing us to compete as work units, so I’ve recruited other dispatcher co-worker partners to join me.  This year in addition to the aerobic and walking type activity I signed up for the sit-up/push-up challenge too.  Over the next 10 weeks, I need to log 30 hours of aerobic exercise and complete 3500 reps of sit-ups. push-ups, or a combination.  I had to re-do the math because I thought I needed to do 70 combined a day.  They are calculating the numbers as if you complete 3-5 of these items a week.  So thankfully, only 50 combined a day if I commit to 7 days, which is my plan.

 

My Apple Watch Activity Challenge goal is to close all three rings, Move, Exercise, and Stand, for 14 days.  That one should be doable this month, especially with my commitment to activity.  There is also an extra New Years award available for completing a 7-day workout week, which again, I suspect I will earn.

 




All this activity is a nice shift from food, which I also need to get a handle on.  I dogged a bullet two weeks ago with a small gain and did absolutely nothing to make last week successful.  Oh boy did it show on the scale.  Ugh.  I swear to you, this was 100% me last week.

 


It feels nice to have a brand-new month and year ahead to start fresh.  I need to make sure 2024 is the year of progress.  My WW manager sent us our weekly materials prepping us for the new year and hopefully an influx of new members.  She said in her email to remember to “look the part.”  That really resonated with me because I’ve been feeling bad about my body lately.  I need to feed it right and move it more so I can not only make progress but also look the part for so many members that count on me each week for accountability and support.  My members provide me with the same amount of support they gain from me.  This is why I love our WW Community so much.

 

I didn’t have time to attend a virtual workshop this week, but I plan to do so ASAP.  I also need to find a local connect workshop where I can get back to being a member first.

No comments: