1/6/24

Colonel's PT Challenge: Week 1

I thought I’d pop in on Saturdays and share my weekly updates for the Colonel’s PT Challenge at work. 

 


Week one has been a success but after going hot and heavy out of the gate with sit-ups, I am struggling with being able to complete one.  It is as if I can’t trust my body to host myself up as I did a few days ago.  It is super annoying.  I spent some time today looking up modified sit-up options and I may need to bust a large amount out at the gym a few days a week using an exercise ball.  I think I at one time I had one at home, but I have no desire to buy one again.

 

January 1 – 30-minute treadmill walk for 1.32 miles, 40 push-ups, and 40 sit-ups:  Yep, I went out of the gate like a mad woman!  I split up my workout with 10 push-ups/sit-ups and then 10 minutes on the treadmill.  My workout went quickly.

 

January 2 – 15-minute treadmill walk for 0.69 miles, 10 sit-ups, and 20 push-ups:  I was feeling it everywhere and quickly realized that my goal of 70 a day was not going to be doable.  I’ll have to ease into this more or spread it out a bit farther.

 

January 3 – 60-minute gym class and 30 push-ups: I found a new gym class on Wednesdays to take the place of boot camp.  I got a really great all over cardio plus weight training and very low impact.  Plus, the instructor is great.  I’m looking forward to this class again. 


January 4 – 25-minutes on the bike elliptical machine:  This was short and simple as I was short on time and feeling tired.  Hey, I gotta earn that Apple Watch New Years Charm for January so I pushed through and got ‘er done.

 

January 5 – 30-minutes on the bike elliptical machine:  I didn’t have time to get on the work treadmill, so I made do with the exercise I like second.

 

January 6 – 45-minutes on the bike elliptical machine:  Another workday where I couldn’t get moved to the treadmill.  I also went for a longer workout and closed all three of my Apple Watch circles in 12-hours.  That never happens.

 

I need to get more sit-ups and push-ups in.  I am behind that goal but my goal of 3 hours of aerobic exercise a week is going strong.  I better get to pushing and sitting!

 

Onto Week 2.

No comments: