4/26/18

Half Of Us Are Now In Our 40s


Good Morning.  Is it Friday yet?  This has been quite a week and I am very ready for the weekend.

Last night we celebrated my brother’s 40th birthday with the family at pizza.  My sister Katie was commenting we needed an update sibling photo so we forced the others for a photo. 


My Mom and Dad now have half their children in their 40s.  I remember vividly teasing them when they turned 40 and now, that doesn’t seem old at all!  Oh how times change.

I utilized the 0 SPV foods with the new WW Freestyle program and kept my points light during the day.  I got myself a little too hungry by the time pizza arrived but thankfully since my Mom is also rocking it at WW, we both got a salad bar.  I had 15 daily points left and with the extra 5 WSPV I could eat and still earn my blue dot, so that left me with 20 points for the pizza party.  I had a tiny slice of one of my favorite pizzas at Idaho Pizza Company and regular sized slice of ham with olives.  I love pizza and boy did it hit the spot!


With Mom doing WW, it is easier to say “no thank you” to things such as the birthday cake.  But, it is also harder because when each of us work our program differently so when I do want to indulge, I often feel guilty or bad.  It isn’t Mom making me feel that way though.  She is rocking her weight loss and is down 42 pounds.  She is a Rock Star for sure! 


It was just the immediate family at pizza plus my sister’s kids and Kenyon.  I enjoyed the time I spent with them and it left me wishing we were as close now as we used to be.  A lot has changed over the last 20-ish years.  We will see what the future brings.

No comments: