12/24/21

Confessions Part IX

I don’t really like vegetables.


 

As a WW Coach, I get paid to promote new Personal Points Program that includes being rewarded for eating non-starchy veggies.  Don’t think for a moment that I don’t give it my 100% and sell those veggie points with all the enthusiasm of somebody who actually likes vegetables.


Between eating too many vegetables in my early WW days and really loving the Purple Plan, the allure of vegetables has run its course.  The last couple of years with the Purple Plan, I got away from eating vegetables since I had so many other ZeroPoint foods available.  When Personal Points first rolled out, I tried to get back into eating veggies.  I even bought hummus to make them taste better and started eating cauliflower rice again.  In turn, I missed out eating all those Purple Plan foods I really enjoyed such as brown rice and whole wheat pasta.  They are still available to chose as a Personalized ZeroPoint food, but it has to compete with potatoes, corn, popcorn, and oatmeal.  Man, that is a tough decision as I like them all.


Over the last few weeks, I made the decision to take the assessment quiz again.  



This time, instead of potatoes and oatmeal, I selected brown rice and whole wheat pasta.  I eat potatoes daily and have really enjoyed oatmeal again as I’ve been making overnight oats one or twice a week.  Potatoes and oatmeal are less points than brown rice and whole wheat pasta.  In making this decision, I continued to eat oatmeal and potatoes and now track those points as they were not be part of my Personalized ZeroPoint Foods List anymore.  I spent a week and a half eating rice and pasta again and really enjoying it.  Sadly, it dropped my daily points down to 16 so most days, I was going over my daily points with all the other foods I was consuming.


It is a constant balance to find foods that you live and won’t break the Personal Points budget.  When I spent some time with my Guide before our workshop on Monday, she explained that she didn’t want the ZeroPoint complex carbs (corn, potatoes, popcorn, oatmeal, brown rice, and whole wheat pasta) and decided not to pick a selection when re-taking her Personal Points algorithm.  This gave her the flexibility in her daily points budgets to eat those complex carbs she enjoys while weighing and tracking them.  That got me thinking that I might want to take the assessment once more and also not select anything on that last question.  This way, instead of feeling like I needed to pick just one ZeroPoint complex carb, I can have a variety at any time, I simply weight, measure, and track it.  

Genius!  My Personalized ZeroPoints good list consists of... 

Non-Starchy Vegetables:



Fruit:



Yogurt & Cottage Cheese, Eggs, Beans, Peas & Lentils, Turkey & Chicken:



And, the best part is my daily Personalized Plus total is 21 points giving me plenty of points for my daily potatoes and another complex carb, or two, of my choice.  I think this may be the best fit and I am excited to try it out for a while.




No comments: