11/9/17

#fiveperfectdays

Good Thursday Morning!

I had a full day off yesterday and hoping for another full day off today. I'll tell ya, it really improves my mood having days off. Finger crossed all goes well later today.

I'm working this week on #fiveperfectdays It is a hashtag I found on Instrigram which focus on eating within your daily points for five straight days. I really feel like I'm in need of an overhaul and so this is helping me re-focus. So far, I've completed two days. Yesterday I used some of my weekly points so I didn't stay within just my daily smart points allowance (DSPA). I had hunger/snacky thoughts late in the afternoon and turned to power foods to help combat my hunger.
I also had a gym date last night with my friend Kelsey. We did the Pound class which is where you have drum sticks and you pound the floor while you do squats, etc. It was fun and very high energy. I love that the classes at Crunch Fitness are just 30 minutes. Phoenix and I have plans to meet for the kickboxing class. Having a date with a friend keeps me accountable. If Kelsey had cancelled on my least night, I'm not sure I'd have gotten out of my warm electric throw blinket on the couch and attended myself.

Another hurdle this week is Starbucks 2 for 1 Holiday Drinks. I have some friend meet-ups for coffee this week and I can't order my usual Americano on the 2 for 1 deal. I've started researching points and the only one I can find on the WW app is the skinny peppermint mocha.



I jumped over the Starbucks app and it shows me what all is in each drink so that will help me modify. Usually if I ask for less sweet/syrup and add some Splenda, it is just as yummy and less points. Also, I'll get non-fat milk and no whip cream. And lastly, I can always get a tall or grande size as I don't have to get the vent size. Even non-fat milk packs a big points punch.




Mostly, I'm just trying to be more accountable to my food choices and my tracking. The hard part of better accountabilty is I feel like I think about food all the time! But, it has motivated me to actually grocery shop and plan meals at home again. 

So, #fiveperfectdays is my goal this week. Two down, three to go!

No comments: