11/19/17

Weight Watchers (Possible) New Program


Have any of my WW peeps heard there are changes coming down the line to our beloved program?  It is typical for WW to do something around early December and from the rumors I’m hearing/reading, it sounds like this year is no exception. 

I saw on Instagram that the new Weight Watchers Flex Program has rolled out in the UK and it sounds like the US program will be similar but have a different name.  So far, I have some mixed feelings but I think overall should be an interesting change.

Now, I am not a WW-insider and I won’t actually know the details until I get my new meeting material.  I did jump on the WW app this morning just to see if there were any changes and so far there are not.  I should also get an email soon as I am an eTools member and I think I got word of program changes and notification of the changes to the app last time there was a major change.

So, in the meantime, I’ve been Googling “Weight Watcher Flex Plan” and “Weight Watchers Freedom Plan” (a rumor as to what the US plan might be called) just to see what comes up.  It is fun to see what is speculated much like when Apple releases a new product.

Rumors are they will be lowering the daily points plus allowance but in turn, giving us more free foods in the form of lean protein (i.e. chicken breast, canned tuna, eggs, and even beans).  So, don’t get all excited that mini fun size candy bars are now going to be zero points plus.  That will never happen!  But, if it means I can eat eggs in the morning and enjoy a nice pot of chili made with beans and not have to count them towards my DPPA, then I think I will like this new program.

The more I read up on the speculation, the more I think it is a mix of points and Simply Filling.  I have done SF in the past and it is okay, I just don’t eat a lot of fat free products so I blow through my weekly points fast.  In this case of this possible hybrid type points system that could be coming out, I can eat the foods I like but not have to blow through my extra points so fast.

I am hoping changes will roll out in the US in early December as in years past but until then, I’ve gotta wait just like everybody else.

No comments: