11/17/17

Random Eats & A New Instant Pot

I've been trying to spice up my food as a way to get myself back on track. I can get into a food rut pretty easily and I'm not the personality that can eat the same thing day-in-day-out. The only exception would be breakfast because I like my usual breakfast so it is easy to eat each day.

I found this recipe online Egg Roll in a Bowl. It is the perfect low carb dinner for Kenyon (his choice to go low carb) and pretty easy to make. I've made it twice now and the last time I also made some cauliflower fried rice to go along with it. It is super low in points so next time, I'll have regular Jasmin rice because I just love it so much. Also, too many veggies make me feel bloated and gassy.




I went looking for Joseph's Lavish Bread and found some pita bread too. I ate pita sandwiches a few days last week and also used them for egg sandwiches in the morning. One day I scrambled the egg and stuffed it inside the pita and the other days I just folded the pita in half and pressed it after cooking the egg over-hard. It was a nice change to my usual breakfast and really easy to make. I had both bacon and ham and used swiss cheese.



I have tried out my air fryer a few times and once was green beans. I also air fried crinkle cut butternut squash I found at Trader Joe's. I like the air fryer because you don't use much oil unlike the days of old where you dunk the whole basket into oil. Neither thre green beans or the squash came out as crispy as it does in the oven so I think I need to reduce the temp next time. Either way, it was a good addition to my Boca burger and low in points (dipped it into some homemade fry sauce).



We have used our Instant Pot once and my first recipe was Chicken Piccata. I didn't realize we were out of lemon juice so Kenyon suggested subbing lime juice. It turned out really good and we plan to make it again. I made a mess when I dropped the jar of minced garlic all over the kitchen. Despite that mess, the one pot clean up is a breeze and I really like my new Instant Pot. I'm going to try a turkey breast tonight. It's cooking at we speak. I think I wasn't supposed to take it out of the string that was binding it together so we will see how it turns out. If all else fails, we can order pizza.


Lastly, it is egg nog season. I've been enjoying it in my coffee both at home and on the go.




No comments: