2/5/22

January Activity Goal Met Only To Be Rewarded By A Harder Goal In February

January ended on a high note with activity where I completed a perfect month filling all three Apple Watch circles.




I typically do this in January.  What starts as one week turns into two and then what the heck.  I am able to push through it for that one month but it is just so exhausting that I have no desire to be perfect.  It is funny because that is our weekly technique at WW this week, how to shift perfectionist thinking.  


Imagine my surprise when February 1st rolls around and my Apple Watch rewards my hard work with more hard work.  NO THANK YOU!  




I like to be pushed and at times, it give me motivation to do more, work harder, and change things up.  But burning over 900 movement calories a day is unrealistic and in order to do that, I need to workout at least twice a day if not more.  There was one day last month trying to turn 200% that I had to log four workouts.  That is just not something I desire and it is not something that is enjoyable.


Perfectionist thinking can easily lead me down that unhealthy path and I am deciding right at the start of February that I will not be reaching this goal.  It also means I break my perfect streak of meeting my Apple Watch goal each month for the last three years.  This makes it a very tough decision but also a wise decision.  Pushing through to make January so successful needs to be celebrated, not outdone.  That is how you shift perfectionist thinking.  Celebrate those wins and don’t let the need to be perfect overshadow it.

No comments: