2/21/22

Is There Such A Thing As CA: Cruisers Anonymous?

I had no intention of abandoning you for so many days.  It was my last three-day weekend off from work and the next few weeks…er…from now until April 1st as basically life is going to be packed and so very busy.  In turn, I appeared to have turned in to slug on my days off.  Oh, and I stand corrected.  I had to work four hours of overtime on Thursday but not too bad.

So, what have I been up to lately?  Not much!  I cancelled social plans Wednesday night partly due to wanting to stay committed to my WW plan and eat at home.  I had such a great weight loss last week that I didn’t want to mess it up.  We also had planned to maybe celebrate a belated Valentine’s Day but again, opted to eat at home as Kenyon has also been noticing a positive effect on the scale for him too. 

Since I knew I would be working on Thursday, we ran errands and had a belated V-Day lunch at Tucanos.  Oh so delicious.  With plans to meet my gal pals for lunch on Saturday, I opted for a home dinner on Thursday.  Friday was also in check and much to my surprise and pre-planning, I navigated my lunch out with my friends still earning a blue dot for the day.  WIN:WIN

 

I’ve been watching a lot of cruise videos on You Tube.  I tell ya, I am addicted.

 


On the same day I celebrated 365 days until my next cruise, we made an impromptu decision to book an Alaska cruise in May.  WhoooHoooo!

 


We are only 11 points away from earning Platinum status with Norwegian Cruise Line and the currently Latitude Rewards for booking certain cruises is double points plus you already get one point per night which works out to triple the points.  A five day cruise would be enough to earn Platinum status and Alaska is one of the offerings.  The only bummer is the ship stops in just two ports, Ketchikan and Victoria, BC.  I am looking forward to visiting Victoria again.  We also had to book an inside room as Alaska prices are ridiculously expensive.  In the meantime, prices dropped allowing us to upgrade to a balcony which is even better.  Oh boy are we are looking forward to this next cruise.  We also love flying to Seattle because we can book first class through Alaska Air and the flight is non-stop.  We decided this trip we won’t spend extra time in Seattle pre or post cruise but do plan to book a return trip for just Seattle at some point.

 

So…to recap…Hi my name is Lindsay and I am a cruising fanatic that probably needs an intervention.  If you need me, I’ll be watching more cruising videos on You Tube.

No comments: