3/12/19

2019 Colonel's Challenge


I signed up for the Colonel’s Challenge, a physical fitness test that offer at work each year.  There are three criteria that you can work towards, resistance/strength, swim, and aerobic/HITT/run/walk.  Since January was the same month that my January Apple Watch Activity Challenge was to walk 103.3 miles, I decided I’d join the Colonel’s Challenge as well.


As of Sunday, the last day of the challenge, I was still short. 


 


It was kind of a bummer since I had decided to take both Saturday and Sunday off from activity, I wasn’t as close as I had hoped.  After chatting with my coworker at the start of my overtime shift, she convinced me that I should try and complete it on the treadmill at work.  I was so close, I might as well try.


I set the treadmill at 2.0 and walk 30 minutes of each hour (I had a 4-hour OT shift).  I walked 4 miles in 1 hour and 57 minute increments.  I am so happy to report that I officially completed the 2019 Colonel’s Challenge.

 


I did not complete the weight loss portion, which is to lose 5% of your starting weight.  I was able to lose 2%, so that is a win in my book.  January weight loss stats were looking good but February stats sort of tanked my hopes.  Oh well, it is always better than a gain.





No comments: