2/13/21

Oprah - A Bucket List Item

In September of 2019 when I booked tickets to see Oprah in Dallas, Texas as part of her 2020 Your Vision In Focus tour, I had no idea just how momentous decision it would be.  When the actual event rolled around in February of 2020 I still couldn’t have predicted that by March of 2020, a global pandemic would cause a multi-state shutdown.  Not only would any further travel cease for a while but in its wake, travel as I knew it would be changed forever.

 


I mean I always knew Oprah was big but this big?  Okay, I’m kidding.  It wasn’t Oprah’s fault the world shut down.  Reflecting back on it almost one year later, I am really humbled and delighted that I made the decision to purchase those tickets and travel to Dallas, Texas.  Of course I am also thankful my husband was on board with the idea too!

 

Oprah’s tour was amazing.  I loved every minute of it.

 

I was able to meet so many wonderful people including Coach Daniel from New Jersey.  Thanks to WW having to go virtual with their weekly workshops, I was able to pop into a couple in Daniel’s location and re-connect.  WW is pretty amazing.

 

I also like Dallas and would definitely go back.  We didn’t do much on this trip as it was at the tail end of our Florida vacation.  I fell in love with the Tex Mex restaurant Chuy’s and I can’t wait to go back in another location where our travel takes us.  I’ve already scoped one out in Dayton, Ohio and Nashville, Tennessee.  Oh yum….

 


Oprah’s 2020 Vision Tour was all about regaining focus in your life.  Whether it be food/weight loss, activity/movement, or mental/mindset.  These are the important pillars the WW program is designed around.  WW most recently added sleep as part of the pillars.  These have all been so important to both my weight loss and maintenance journey.

 

14 years later, WW continues to be a large part of my life.  Seeing Oprah was definitely a bucket list item. 

You can read about the entire experience here ß

No comments: