2/8/23

Weekly WI: 2 Stars...Would No Recommend

I have returned from our big group cruise and had a great time…with one tiny snag.

 

On about Day 4 of our cruise, I came down with a stomach bug.  I thought it was just what I ate at the Teppanyaki restaurant the night before and thought once I got it all out of my system, I’d feel better.  As dumb luck would have it, it wasn’t just a quick bug.  I think I possibly came down with the Norovirus, which is common in the cruising industry.  It put a damper on the vacation for sure.  My husband was taken down by it on our last sea day and two of my four friends also encountered symptoms at the end of our cruise and the days that followed.

 


Oy.

 

It is now one week later and if I had not started to feel better, I think I would have needed to seek medical attention.  Thankfully, I am on the mend.

 

While I would not recommend a stomach/intestine virus as a weight loss program, I was dodged a bullet bigtime and did not encounter a large gain as I had expected to.  Instead, I came home from our vacation with a gain of 0.6 pounds.  Impressive!  Now, not eating much and expelling what you actually eat can make weight loss quite simple.  Just not how I would recommend doing it.

 

This makes getting back on track way easier.  My appetite has returned although still wonky but I am focused on moving forward with my weight loss journey.

 

I owe you one more German advent beer calendar post and then I’ll recap our cruise vacation and New Orleans.  We had a great time.

 

 

No comments: