9/19/24

Norway Bound

 The Out of Office reply was set and the suitcases packed.  I forgot to hit send before we left so now you know, I’ve been MIA for a while, which honestly, is sort of the norm lately.  But just so you know…



Our next European Adventure awaits…Norway.  


I’m a mix of excitement and also worried it will go by too fast.  I need a break right now and travel is good for my mental health.





Big destination travel such as this also allows me to fully disconnect from my main role as a police dispatch supervisor.  It is a grueling job, not only the calls you take while sitting at the console each day but the performance management and coaching of staff.  It takes a lot out of you and the only guaranteed way I get to disconnect is to get out of town…or in this case, the country!  


Travel is good for my soul.  I’ve said it many times and I wholeheartedly believe it.  I also saw something recently on Instagram that married couples who travel are happier too.  When Kenyon and I travel together, we get to spend that uninterrupted time together we rarely get at home.  And when we are stuck in the same tiny room on a cruise ship, we are forced to really spend time together.  I love it and I’m looking forward to it all.


With that being said…unless I have some pre-planned blogs to publish, you’ll hear from me later this month.

No comments: