6/13/24

Weekly WI: A Surprising Loss

Good Afternoon.


(yawn)

 

I’m tired today.  I volunteered at the Elks for bingo last night and didn’t get done until after 10pm.  It was an early wakeup call this morning for my overtime shift.  But we had fun!

 

Last week’s Idaho State Elks Association Summer Convention was a huge success.  It was also a ton of work and really exhausting.  I walked a ton Thursday, Friday, and Saturday as each day were over 12-hours long.

 


Despite feeling like I’d have a gain, I lost 1.4 pounds this week.  That was a pleasant surprise!

 


I tried to keep my food in check, but it was just too hard being at the lodge all day.  I should have planned some snacks and since I didn’t, late night hamburgers were consumed one of the late nights.  I felt sick to my stomach on Friday after the luau dinner and ended up not feeling well most of Saturday which also threw off my food.  Even more reason I was very happy with my loss this week.

 

I have acquired my grandpa’s electric tricycle, which made its inaugural trek to the grocery store.  I can carry so many items now that I have this large basket on back.  I brought home a watermelon!

 



It took a little bit of work and help from Kenyon to get it running but I’m so glad we did.  What a special treat to be able to use his bike.  I love it!

No comments: