10/26/21

Weekly WI: Playing Catch-Up

Hello and Happy Tuesday.  I didn’t mean to leave my stagnant for so many days but y’all, it has been busy!!!  Let me start with my Weekly WI for the last three weeks and then rewind.


Three weeks ago, I skipped the scale.  I had made this decision before we left for our Alaska cruise.  I wanted to give myself time for some of the vacation weight to drop off.  Despite some struggles getting back on track, I managed to pull off earning six blue dots the following week.  I was managing a bad head cold (tested negative for COVID) and just wasn’t feeling 100% all week.  I stepped on the scale to see a 3.2 pound gain.





This week was a tough one as I had birthday festivities planned.  I had also taken part in several meals out the week prior since it was crunch time to get my freebie meals in.  I am nervous going into this week.  I was also still battling this darn cold that just could not go away.  Turns out it had developed into a sinus infection so I am taking antibiotics for that now.  On Sunday, getting ready for my pre-birthday meet up with friends, I was feeling pretty skinny and just overall good in my skin (minus a sinus infection).  I was actually starting to convince myself maybe I was back down but boy I was hoping I wasn’t up more.  My weigh-in this morning is down 0.2 pounds.  Not as much as I wanted but I’ll take it.





I’ve done some reflecting as to where I was last year and feeling okay-ish.  This is a pretty big hit for my end of month weigh-in.  I have reminded myself that even though I was really up after July, dedication and focus to my WW program brought the scale back down so I will get there again!  I have two more months to end this year strong.





I enjoyed some pre-birthday festivities, including several meals out.  Last Wednesday, I invited Phoenix and Stacey over for an at-home beer tasting.  We tasted one pumpkin beer she picked up, one Oktoberfest beer I found at Trader Joes, and one pumpkin cider I also found at TJs.  All three were different but good and it was a great way to try them all at once.  We ordered my birthday pizza from Old Chicago but sadly it was undercooked and still raw.  Booooo!  I love pizza so it was a letdown.





Sunday I met up my gal pals (Stacey joined us too) for brunch at Huck House Brunchette.  The wait is long so you know it must be a good place.  I had a mimosa flight because I don’t think I’ll be back so I might as well try as many as I can!  The food was good, very large portions, and the service a bit slow.  We had a nice time getting together as it has been a while.





Afterwards, Phoenix and Stacey joined me at Telaya Winery for 2 for 1 wine flights as part of a promo from my real estate team.  It was delicious although my very favorite wine was not in this particular flight.  We also shared a glass of that too.






I went to dinner at my parents house that night to celebrate my birthday with Mom, Dad, Grandpa, and my brother Brandon.  Brandon made caramel apples and Mom and Dad made corned beef.  Oh yum!  I enjoyed every bite guilt free.






We still have two more birthday dinner’s to collect on Wednesday and Thursday, Carino’s and Tucanos.  I am looking forward to the food and the company as I finally get to spend time with Kenyon.  It has been a madhouse at work with so much overtime and so little downtime.  I was exhausted on Sunday evening and slept over 12 hours!  I would love to say I feel rested.





On my birthday I competed a virtual 5K as part of the Idaho Health Matters platform.  I split it up into three segments plus I couldn’t remember if it was 3.1 or 3.2 so I did a smidge extra.  Yeah for birthday activity and earning FitPoints!





I am also addicted to Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew.  OMG.  Good thing pumpkin season is almost over and I didn’t learn of this until later in the season.  It is just simply amazing.





No comments: