10/31/21

Happy Halloween

                               HAPPY HALLOWEEN


I hope you are all enjoying your Halloween and any trick-or-treating or parties on the agenda.  It was a busy night at work on Friday and Saturday so I’m not sure what to expect tonight.  We had our work Halloween party on Friday including the ability to dress up.  It was our faithful leaders last day.  Cpt. Haight took over the command staff duties of both our ISP dispatch centers (North in Coeur d’ Alene and South in Meridian) seven years ago.  He has done so much for us in that time and we will miss him so much.


I was honored to be giving my 15 year ISP service award by Cpt. Haigh on his last day (complete with costume attire).






We celebrated him with homemade lasagna and garlic rolls prepared by his lovely wife and a very large assortment of desserts as we were also celebrating a coworker who is leaving us.  Sadly, we had three dispatchers decide to leave in a matter of weeks of each other.  We have been feeling the pain of these staffing shortages.




I over indulged in sweet and on top of that, Wednesday and Thursday were high point days as we used up the last of my birthday freebie meals.  I am hopeful the scale will come back down by Tuesday.  I am white knuckling those left over sweets in dispatch because I know that won’t help!  We are having an impromptu food night in dispatch for Halloween where I have offered to bring in a veggie chili which is zero points on Purple Plan.   WhooooHoooo.


Have a great night and please stay safe. 


No comments: