12/10/21

Las Vegas Part 1

The only downside during our trip to Vegas was losing my gambling money too soon!  Thankfully, Kenyon was able to win often and even brought home some of his winnings…and he shared with me.

 

We flew in on Tuesday afternoon after re-booking our flights for an earlier arrival time.  There was just so much to do that I needed more time.  I booked a suite at Bally’s on comp/reduced rates so we had a steal of a deal for our strip view room.  Overall, I really liked Bally’s and thought the location was great.

 







We boarded the bus and made our way to the South Outlet Mall.  I had to return some online purchases at the Coach store and I wanted to pop into Lazy Dog for happy hour.  I just love their food.




We also found a Cake Boss cake ATM.  An interesting and delicious concept.

 


I managed to get out of the outlet mall without spending a fortune and we headed back to the hotel.  Since we didn’t sleep much the days prior to our vacation, we called it an early night knowing we still had two full days to go.  On Wednesday, we walked to Denny’s for a late breakfast before spending some time gambling at Mirage (i.e. losing my money).  We had free play available to us at several of the MLife properties as part of the MyVegas game we play.  We walked to Bellagio to redeem our free play and then rode the tram to Park MGM.  I had 3pm reservations at a restaurant I wanted to try for happy hour so we grabbed an Uber and headed to Mas Por Favor.



I can’t remember who told me about Mas Por Favor and their “secret hidden walkway” but I have been excited to visit since March when they were booked solid for reservations all week.  I planned ahead and made sure I secured a reservation during happy hour, which had great looking deals on food/drinks.  Sadly, this experience was really underwhelming.  What we found was a basic storefront with a small hallway to a small room.  The highlight was the décor set up for a special theme, The Nightmare Before Christmas.  The decorations were great.   The food was quite expensive and at first, they were not going to honor happy hour pricing.  One really neat thing was they mixed beet juice with the sour cream and it comes out pink under the lighting.

 


The waitress asked us if we had been to the “famous tiki bar” in the same strip mall.  Since we have not and we paid for an Uber, we hopped over a couple doors and visited The Golden Tiki.  What a fun experience that was.  The décor was really interesting and included naked women and male genitalia for door handles in the women’s restroom.  The drinks were $8 for happy hour and otherwise, I’m not sure I would have paid full price.  Again, a neat experience but a place we won’t visit on a future trip.

 


I’ll be back…

No comments: