12/15/21

Weekly WI: How Is Your December Going?

 How is your December going?  Mine…eh…it could be better.



I love a fresh new month where you get to have a clean slate for accomplishing your goals.  I started the month off with a trip to Vegas which resulted in not earning blue dots and being off-track enjoying food and drinks along with a mental break from life.  (I will get my final. Vegas recap out next).  This put a damper on starting the month out strong and that rolled into my resistance muscle being very low last week.


Tuesday I met up with Mom, Dad, and Emma for a delicious pizza dinner and a trip to look at the Indian Creek Lights in downtown Caldwell.  The pizza was epic and the lights were amazing as always.







While I thought blowing through all my points on Tuesday would be okay, after all, I had a plan in place for my work meals, that was not the case at all.  I had a tough time last week saying no to the treats and popcorn tin popcorn (my favorite) that arrived I the dispatch center along with supposed holiday cheer.  It was a rough week.  I was relieved to get on the scale and see a one pound gain.  The damage could have been a lot worse.




I made a commitment with my Mom to stay on track this week!  We want to enjoy the holidays next week and being accountable this week is the first step.  My week started off with a social outing last night when we met my friend Brenda for dinner and drinks at Lucky Fins in Meridian.  While I did not earn a blue dot, I was mindful and accountable for the food and wine I had last night and other than some bloating, I am feeling in control and ready to tackle this week.  It will be busy between work and social so I’ll have to balance it all accordingly.  I got this!

No comments: