12/5/21

Wine Tasting In The Snake River Valley

I will get into my Vegas recaps soon.  Today, I wanted to share with you the wine tasting tour along the Snake River Valley.  The idea started with a Beer Buddy’s beer tasting tour for Stacey's birthday but out of the Boise area about two hours.  Since our weather this time of year can be iffy, Stacey said the would like to visit some local wineries.  I decided to rent a 15-passenger van and told Stacey to invite some friends for a wine tasting tour.  We had a lot of fun yesterday and thankfully we brought our DD Kenyon as our driver.


After picking up some of the crew, and others meeting up along the route we arrived at our fist stop.


Stop 1: Huston Vineyards - we tasted five different wines, two white and three reads.  They were all the least sweet and most of them dry.  





Stop 2: Williamson Vineyards - you had a choice of tastings and I went for a flight of five different wines, two white and three reds.  I loved these the best.  They were delicious!  




Stop 3: Koenig Vineyards - The flight again included five different wines, two white and three reds.  I wasn’t aware the the distillery now had tastings and thankfully I was able to sneak in one more last minute stop.




Stop 4: Koenig Distillery - this was by far the most dangerous!  You get to try three different kinds between vodka, brandy, whiskey, and bourbon.  Danielle and I split two flights which was the turning point for the trip.  Boy was it starting to add up!




Stop 5: SCOIRA Vineyards - we decided to share a flight and then pick one bottle of red to also share. I don’t really remember much about this stop other than nice people.  




Stop 6: Peaceful Belly Cider House & Farm Café - I will have to go back as I didn’t even get to try any of the ciders.  I had already consumed too much alcohol!  We enjoyed a really good chicken pot pie and some bread from a local bakery.  The food was excellent but the service was a bit slow.  We actually never got our ice cream flight.  So, one more reason to return.


It was a fabulous day with friends, food, alcohol, and laughter.


No comments: