5/21/23

Queen Mary & Ronald Regan Presidential Library and Museum

You can read about our Carnival Cruise adventures here ß

 

We flew into LAX bright and early where Dawny joined us about three hours earlier.  Uber delivered us to the Long Beach port area where we dropped our bags with the porter and made our way on foot to the Queen Mary.

 




We booked back-to-back one hour guided tours that included both blow decks and above.  We enjoyed the steam and steel tour, which took us through everything needed to make this amazing ship run, the best.  As it turns out, the remainder of the exhibit areas will be opening again later this month.

 

Our experience getting out of Long Beach was not as smooth.  The cruise port was chaotic and while we tried to save money by taking Uber…not happening.  The wait times were long, and it was hard to get a driver.  We eventually gave up and took a taxi back to LAX.  Lesson learned for next time…just book the cruise line transportation.

 

We dropped Dawny off at airport security and took the shuttle bus to pick up or rental car, a TESLA!  I had this brilliant idea to rent a Tesla through Hertz since we were only in California for a few hours.  All the fees added up to an expensive ride but it was fun none the less.

 

We drove our Tesla to the Ronald Regan Presidential Library and Museum.  I would say it drove us, but the self-driving feature is not fully installed.  It did have some sort of fancy cruise control though that lit up the screen and everything.

 


The museum was great and if you are ever in the area, I highly recommend it.  We enjoyed walking through the exhibits and learning all about President Regan.  I’m not a bit history buff so I didn’t recall (and I was young) the mid-term election landslide win.  Boy you don’t see that these days.  I sort of miss how I country was “back then” and again, I’m a little young to say that.  It sounds like he was good for America, and I miss that.






No comments: