5/7/23

A Much Needed Break


I am ready for a break.  It is well deserved and 100% earned.  This year has been rough so far and sometimes I feel like I can’t juggle it all.  Our staffing at work has finally come full circle and we actually have filled shifts and semi-happy staff.  It is about time.  I tell my trainees all the time that I am really good as a dispatcher, really good as a supervisor, and really good as a trainer…but I am not really good at doing them all at once.  Not even two at once and I’ve had to juggle all three.  It is exhausting.


I thought a break was coming but I am pretty sure I’ll have to jump back into the trainer role mid-May.  For now, let’s just enjoy vacation!


I am stoked for my first Carnival cruise.  I can’t wait to eat all the yummy food and drink all the yummy drinks.  Downtime with my husband and my friend Dawny is also going to be the best.  I am ready to get this party started.


We have booked tour tickets to tour The Queen Mary and that makes me excited too.  When we arrive back in Long Beach, we will rent a car from LAX and tour the Regan Presidential Library & Museum before a late flight home.  It will be a fast trip and there is just never enough time for it all…but it will be awesome.  I’m looking forward to it.

No comments: