4/29/23

On The Cusp Of A Much Needed Break

Good Morning!  Happy Saturday.


I do not officially get to start my vacation today as originally planned but once I wrap up some last minute work stuff, I should be good to go!  We kicked off some fun last night with a concert at Ironwood Bar & Grill in Garden City to see Casio Dreams.  I love this 80s band.  We arrived early and I am so glad we did because service was backed up as soon as the concert started.  I was bummed we decided to wrap it up early but with a few more concerts on the agenda this summer, I know I’ll get to see them again.  If you are local, check them out.  They are really great.  




The focus this week has been balancing my social outings with on track meals.  I gave in to some stress eating with cinnamon gummy bears at work so the week could have had some improvements.  I am feeling good and still debating on if I’ll step on the scale at home before vacation.  A portion of me wants to and then the part of me that has gained two weeks in a row doesn’t want to.  I have been clinging to the thoughts about how good I feel in my body even if the scale is higher then I’d prefer.  I have also been getting in activity between gym classes and walks.  It is a beautiful day today and I’m meeting Kelsey and Julie for an outdoor walk.




I am going to try to not slip into vacation mode too soon but after the snag with needing to give a few more work hours, I want to reward myself with meals out.  There will be lots of meals out soon.  I just have to continue to remind myself of that. 

No comments: