4/8/23

Upcoming Travel: Carnival Radiance

Next month, I’ll be boarding my first ever Carnival cruise ship, the Carnival Radiance.




I have only cruised Norwegian Cruise Lines and Viking Cruise Lines, with their long ship fleet, and so this new experience is so exciting.  I am also meeting up in Los Angeles with my best gal Dawny who will come along for the fun after booking a single cabin.  The Hubs and I will be in our first ever aft balcony room, the very back of the ship, which is also an experience I’ve been waiting to try.  We got a great deal on this five day cruise with two ports of call, Catalina Island and Ensenada Mexico, as well as a fun day at sea.


The Carnival Radiance has so many delicious and fun looking restaurants and bars that I’ve not been able to experience as were have stuck with one cruise line.


Red Frog Pub (and also Rum Bar) brews their own beers!  I am 100% stoked for a ship that offers a decent selection of craft beer. 





In preparation for drinking a lot of beer in a can, my parents gave me the idea to get life vest koozies.  I’m all set and above all, safety first!






BlueIguana Cantina serves tacos and burritos for breakfast and lunch.  I hear the taco flour tortillas are made fresh.  I love a good fresh flour tortilla so I expect to hit them up for breakfast.




Shaq’s Big Chicken has some really great looking breaded chicken sandwiches and tenders and thin fries that also look amazing.  I spotted on the menu they offer grilled chicken on request.  I do plan to try an actual Big Chicken sandwich once but I love knowing I have grilled options available too.  It might not be 100% the same but it will help balance out my splurges.  They also serve breakfast with chicken on biscuit with honey.  OMG!




Guy’s Pig and Anchor Bar-B-Q is a small venue on the Lido deck and I hear it is only open limited hours.  I love BBQ and I am anxious to grab some to try so I’ve got to keep an eye out as soon as we board and make note of the hours so I don’t miss out.




Guy’s Burger Joint is supposed to be a really great spot to enjoy a yummy burger along with my Red Frog Pub beer.  I see us visiting this place often as the burgers looks amazing and I love a good burger.  I hear Shaq’s fries are better though.




I have heard the buffet is not that great but main dining room is decent.  We might also splurge on the steakhouse or the Italian restaurant, which serves complimentary pasta at lunch.  The drink package includes speciality coffee, Dawny’s favorite, so we plan to grab some coffee, some drinks, meet some new people, and have a GREAT time.


No comments: