4/13/23

Checking In After Vacation

Good Morning!  Happy Thursday.


I made the decision to skip the scale this week.  I was so inspired by my members who faced the scale despite much talk about Easter Sunday.  In my case, it was several days out of town and feeling super bloated that played a part.  My members always make me feel so energized and proud but skipping the scale this week was the right decision for me mentally.  I had hoped to maintain and while it didn’t feel like we overdid it on our vacation, I found myself back on the sugar train.  Ugh. I makes me feel so crapy.


I feel so much better after being back on track the last two days.  It has been tough.  The sugar cravings are strong and it has been so hard to stay the course but each day I say no to sweets, I feel empowered.  It is worth it for sure. This week will be tough with National Telecommunications Week and our BBQ planned Friday.  I will track the food items I eat and I am planning a zero point dinner to off set the high point day.  I will not be eating any desserts.  I can’t take steps back after I’ve worked so hard this week to break the sugar habit again.  I plan to enjoy sweets on our cruise in May and on Monday for Michael’s birthday.  Other than that, I need to stay the course and keep sugar out of my daily meal plan.


I was so looking forward to my return to the gym yesterday and at 2am, the text message for coverage at work came.  Whomp! Whomp!  I didn’t have any actual plans so I agreed cover.  I forgot about my lunch date with Kenyon for National Grilled Cheese Day at Meltz Extreme Boise.  We ended up having a dinner date instead and it was just as delicious as always.  I let my hunger drive my ordering and got the big basket of chips.  I was excited to see their FB deal mentioned half priced full size original Oozie grilled cheese which made the sandwich just $4.50.  That was a killer deal.





Since I knew I’d possibly be eating grilled cheese and chips for dinner I planned a low point lunch and pretty much starved all day!  That wasn’t the plan per se but I forgot my yogurt snack and many times I’ve not needed it but yesterday was a different story.  I was hungry all-day-long!


A country music station was giving away Boise Music Tickets for a concert in June but I didn’t win.  Booooo…


Anyway, I will make my return to the gym today with a strength training class.  The TRX class was cancelled last night so I am bummed to miss out.  It will be nice to get a guided weight workout in.  


And with that, I better get ready to go to the gym!

No comments: