11/29/23

Weekly WI: WTF?

Happy Wednesday.  So far (fingers crossed) I’m on a three-day stretch off work.  My Aunt Barb arrives from New Mexico and I am looking forward to visiting with her the next couple of days.  Then, back to the grind!


My Weekly WI was not as I had expected.  I expected a gain but not over three pounds!  Grrrrrr….





I’ve had a day to sit with my feelings and I’m going to roll all my disappointment into the week ahead.  Thursday, Friday, and Saturday were high-point non-tracked days but it didn’t feel like that should have impacted the scale that much.  I am hopeful some is temporary and I’ll see a good portion come off this week.  I have a couple high point days this week so I’ll continue my commitment to honest 100% tracking.  That worked well for me and showed success a few weeks ago.


My week was a lot of fun.  I took Friday and Saturday off and enjoyed social, alcohol, and food!  On Thanksgiving, I made a turkey veggie tray.




On Friday, I subbed at a morning WW Workshop and then picked up Kenyon for the Black Friday gift card promo deal at Meltz and then Payette Brewery for the dark beer event.  As always…both were delicious!






We ended Friday at the Elks where Wanda and Gary went through orientation before initiation last night.  We have two new Elk members!


Saturday, we met up with Phoenix and Stacey for some winery visits.  We started at Williamsons for their barrel tasting, then to Famici, a newer winery, for a fight and some snacks we brought along with us.  






On our way to a soft opening from a really new brewery, the GPS took us on a detour blocked by sheep.  That was an experience.  I won’t name the winery because we didn’t like it.  




We ended at Koenig Distillery where Stacey and I signed up to share a whiskey membership.  They now have cocktail flights for $10 and I bought a bottle of pear brandy to bring home.  Stacey bought the 2023 whiskey membership bottles and we had a mini tasting at home.





Three out of four are amazing so I guess that makes it worth the elevated price for bottles.  We will give the membership a go and see how we feel as it moves along.  For $109 a quarter, you get two bottles of the same speciality whiskey.  This is why we decided to share a membership.  Neither of us need eight bottles of whiskey a year!


It is no surprise the scale is up…I just had no idea I’d see a huge swing.  I am working on getting my mind in check and looking at the bigger picture.  I am down for the month although still a lot of work to go!




No comments: