4/3/24

Weekly WI: Consistency Is Key

Good Morning!  Happy Wednesday.

 

I took some time off over the weekend making it very tough to return to work this morning for an overtime shift.  I still have Thursday off and then it is back at it, full force, including having a trainee for a few weeks.  Already today we have a sick call out for night shift.  DOH!  I do not miss this line of work.

One positive to look forward to, in two weeks, we are off on a long-weekend adventure.  WhoooHoooo.

 

Despite being off work and on “vacation” this week, I was mindful of my food and limited splurges.  We focused more on eating in, when we wanted to eat out, and I limited my alcohol, when I wanted to drink beer.  Wanda and I held each other accountable at the Elks Lodge twice where we didn’t drink alcohol beverages or eat salty popcorn.  All were a huge WIN, which did not show on the scale.  On Monday, my home check-in was up 0.2 pounds.  Grrrrr…. I got on the scale on Tuesday and was down 0.8 pounds.

 


I continue this week to remind myself that it is about being consistent and I am committed to working at it each week.  The plan this week is less eating out and less alcohol along with more activity.  I’ve taken more rest days recently and it is time to ramp it back up again.

Progress can look differently for everybody.

 


It is so difficult to feel like you are doing all the right things and the scale won’t budge.  I know my members have shared they feel this way sometimes too.  It is all those little things that add up. 

 


On Saturday, our home builder had a block party with a tethered hot air balloon.  We waited about 30 minutes for a very quick ride, which it was fun. 

 




Our weather has been so hit-and-miss this week.  Welcome to Springtime in Idaho!  I managed to get the lawn mowed yesterday on what is the last of our sunny days for a bit.  The wind has been relentless. 


We celebrated Easter at the annual Melba Fireman’s Pancake Breakfast.  All you can eat for $5!  It has been a nice lazy week where I busted out a jigsaw puzzle which has kept me occupied.  I have a few social events with week with winetasting and NCAA final four.

No comments: