5/27/24

2024 Travel Plan...So Far

  "Travel is the only thing you can buy that makes you richer."

 

We are headed back to Europe.  This time the destination is Norway.

 


While I am a big planner and usually have trips booked months, even years, in advance, I also have tendency to book travel on a whim. 

 

When EECC Travel announced their Vlogger Extravaganza Group Cruise, I just knew it was an opportunity I couldn’t miss.  When Oprah announced her 2020 Vision Tour: Your Life In Focus, I knew I wanted to be there. 

 

I work hard for my paycheck and usually also work an abundance of overtime hours.  In turn, I have developed this philosophy that money is meant to be spent…after all, I can always earn more. 

 

We have two cruises booked for 2024 and one for 2025.  In addition to the cruises, we are headed to Milwaukee, WI in June to see our travel friends we met on our Europe River Cruise.  Must like how my other trips come to fruition, Sherry posted on Facebook wanting to attend a Kenny Chesney concert which also included the Zach Brown band.  Like with most ideas they sound good until you start looking at the cost.  Oh well, that is why I make money!



In September we will be jumping on a cruise with the You Tube Vloggers Cruise Monkeys.  These guys are one of my favorites and I am so exited to meet them in person.  We will also be sailing on our first European cruise line, P&O.  Lots of firsts for this trip.  Our ports of call are Norway:

Day 1     Southampton, United Kingdom 
Day 2     At Sea   
Day 3     Stavanger, Norway         
Day 4     Flaam, Norway – Possible Tender Port     
Day 5     Nordfjordeid, Norway   
Day 6     Haugesund, Norway      
Day 7     At Sea   
Day 8     Southampton, United Kingdom

 


We have wanted to go to Norway and NCL has much longer cruises which are difficult because of the amount of time away from both my regular job and my part-time WW gig.  This is a seven-day cruise which will give us a taste of Norway where we plan to return for a longer cruise, most likely after we retire.

 

Wanda and Michael mentioned an event called Dickens on the Strand which takes place in Galveston, TX in early December.  Of course, Wanda and I immediately thought, “let’s also book a cruise.”  Even though Michael and Kenyon think it is not necessary…we are booked on a Princess cruise!  This will be our first Princess cruise and we will visit the same ports of call as the Vlogger cruise.

Day 1     Galveston, TX
Day 2     At Sea   
Day 3     At Sea         
Day 4     Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico     
Day 5     Roatan (Mahogany Bay), Honduras  
Day 6     Belize City, Belize     

Day 7     Cozumel, Mexico  
Day 8     At Sea

Day 9     Galveston, TX

 

This time we plan to book excursions.  We also hope to port in Belize although it won’t be a private island on the NCL cruise.

 

 

No comments: